2019 DIRT Report Tools & Resources
In October 2020, Common Ground Alliance (CGA) published its 2019 Damage Information Reporting Tool (DIRT) Report, which analyzed all 2019 data submitted voluntarily by facility operators, utility locating companies, one call centers, contractors, regulators and others from the U.S. and Canada. To help support member efforts in educating and highlighting key takeaways from the Report, CGA has created a suite of tools and resources for member use.
Top 5 Recommendations from the 2019 DIRT Report
- Address potholing and excavating in the tolerance zone.
- Examine pressures on locate technicians.
- Emphasize the proper use of locate requests.
- Develop strategies for addressing persistent no-call damages.
- Examine opportunities for improvement in the damage prevention system itself.