Acceptance of policy as a condition of using CGA's website.
By using CGA's website you consent to the collection and use of information as outlined in this Policy. Please take a few minutes to read this Policy before using the Website.
CGA reserves the right to change this policy at any time without advance notice. If changes are made, the new policy goes into effect once it is posted to the Website.
Collection and use of personal information.
CGA collects as much information as it can about CGA members and visitors who use the Website, including but not limited to the following information:
- The user's name, company affiliation, address, phone number and e-mail address;
- The user's CGA membership number;
- Tracking information about which pages users access and utilize;
- Information volunteered by the user, such as survey information
CGA may use your personal information for communications with you, to deliver and process surveys, publish membership directories, to understand the use of the Website and to improve the Website. CGA does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
CGA has security measures in place to protect the confidentiality and security of your personally identifiable information. These measures include both online and offline measures, including firewalls, passwords and restricted physical access to the places where your personally identifiable information is stored.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, CGA cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
On this Website CGA does not knowingly collect or use information from users under 13 years of age. No information should be submitted to the Website by users under 13 years of age.
CGA is headquartered in the United States and its Website is hosted in the United States. U.S. privacy and data protection laws may not be equivalent to the laws of your country of residence. By using our Website or providing CGA with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of information to and in the United States.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information that a Web site can send to your browser to provide information, which is then stored on your hard drive. Cookies save your preferences and allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Services, pages visited, language preferences and other anonymous traffic data. We and our service providers use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while using the Services. We also gather statistical information about the usage of the Services in order to continually improve their design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions about them.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies : Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Services, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Services.
- From you: Demographic and other information, such as your interest in various programs and services, is collected when you voluntarily provide it.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.