Appendix D Additional References
The references contained in Appendix D are intended to be supplemental references for existing and/or new practices found within the CGA Best Practices.
- Chapter 2: Practice Statement 2–13
- Chapter 4: Practice Statement 4–19
- Chapter 5: Practice Statement 5–29
- American Gas Association (AGA), “Directional Drilling Damage Prevention Guidelines for the Natural Gas Industry,” Technical Note, December 30, 2004.
- American Society of Civil Engineers, ASCE Manuals and Reports on Engineering Practice No. 89, “Pipeline Crossings,” 1996.
- Bennett, R.D., S.T. Ariaratnam, and C. Como, “Horizontal Directional Drilling Good Practices Guidelines,” HDD Consortium, Washington, DC, ISBN 1-928984-13-4, 2001.
- California Department of Transportation, CALTRANS, “CALTRANS Encroachment Permits—Guidelines and Specifications for HDD Installations,” July 14, 2003.
- Directional Crossing Contractors Association (DCCA), “Guidelines for Successful Directional Crossing Survey Standards,” Dallas, TX, 1999.
- Directional Crossing Contractors Association (DCCA), “Horizontal Drilling Safe Operations Guidelines,” Dallas, TX, 1995.
- Gas Research Institute, “Final Report—Guideline for the Application of Guided Horizontal Drilling to Install Gas Distribution Piping,” GRI-96-0368, September 1996.
- National Transportation Safety Board, “Safety Study: Protecting Public Safety Through Excavation Damage Prevention,” Washington, DC, December 1999.
- National Utility Contractors Association (NUCA), “Trenchless Construction Methods and Soil Compatibility Manual,” 3rd Edition, Washington, DC.
- National Utility Locating Contractors Association (NULCA), “Excavation Practices & Procedures for Damage Prevention,” Spooner, WI, 1996.